How your insulation is installed can make all the difference as to how well it actually performs. It can be a hazardous job and dangerous if not done correctly.
The EnergySmart team of expert insulation installers are trained and experienced to do the best job insulating your home. They will use their expert knowledge to bring your insulation up to standard, a more time and cost-effective solution than DIY installation.
First, book your free home insulation assessment so one of the EnergySmart team can visit your property, asses your needs and discuss the best solutions available.
Once you have been assessed, we will book a time for our insulation installers to start work. They provide a friendly, professional service and usually take a day to finish.
For ceiling installation, insulation is brought up into the roof cavity and cut to fit between rafters and spaces according to building code regulations and standards. Care is taken with lighting and electrics.
For underfloor installation, our installers access the crawl space, clear the area and put moisture barrier sheeting over the ground (as necessary), then fix the appropriate underfloor insulation between the floor joists, according to standard.
Thinking of doing it yourself? It's important for insulation to be installed correctly in order for it to perform well.
We do not recommend DIY Installation, for a number of reasons:
- It can be dangerous; wiring can be accidentally stapled or cut, clearances to lighting and other heat sources is critical. Without the correct clearances, your insulation becomes a fire hazard.
- Insulation needs to be installed by an industry professional to be eligible for subsidy.
- Grants & subsidies are only available through selected service providers, such as EnergySmart, therefore professional insulation installers are needed.
- Experience & Know-How; there are many factors to get the best from your insulation. We are industry professionals – it's our job to know!
- It's a dusty, dirty, difficult task which requires respirators and other safety equipment to be done safely.
Having us install your insulation ensures standard compliance, plus our products come with a fifty-year guarantee. EnergySmart are here to give you the best deal and peace of mind.