EnergySmart collects, holds and uses personal customer information.
Customer information is usually collected from you when you send us an enquiry, subscribe to our newsletter or by our assessment employees at the time we scope your home for insulation. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for goods or services we offer
- age demographics of occupants per home
- recent information on usage of health services.
Purposes for collecting the information
We use customer information for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly to arrange installation and follow up audits
- to contact you directly about EnergySmarts' special offers, and other promotions
- to promote the merit of our Insulation programs to gain funding for future programs
- to report to the funders of the current program.
How we manage personal information
EnergySmart is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Age demographics and health service information is held in a separate secure database where we do not capture customer information; name, address or contact details. When EnergySmart report to funders and promote to potential future funders the information provided to such parties contains no details of customer’s name, address or contact details.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use this site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form.
EnergySmart does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. EnergySmart outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to EnergySmart, customer contact information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our related companies
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers
- government or statutory authorities.
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information EnergySmart holds on you by contacting the The Branch Manager in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request EnergySmart to correct the information.